Tuesday, April 13, 2010

For One Who Believes

While on this earthly ground we tread
We shall never, never dread
The pangs of death nor gates of hell
Which o'er God's church will ne'er prevail

For Jesus came to set us free
Would still if "all" meant only me
Became a curse for guilt and grief
To place me on Thy mercy seat

So fear I not, you'll find me there
Armed by faith and winged by prayer
And one bright day will fully know
How high these prayers of mine must go

But till the dawn shall kill the night
O Spirit, help me fight the fight
I contemplate this fear and dread
And let it fill my heart instead

So Spirit, give me eyes to see
O Lord, please help my unbelief
Yes Spirit, give me this indeed
O Lord, please help my unbelief


Mark 9:22-24
“...'But if you can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.'  And Jesus said to him, "'If you can’! All things are possible for one who believes.” Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!”

No comments: