Friday, March 31, 2006



It was recently my friend, Marian's birthday. When someone I love has a birthday, I always have high hopes. Its not necessarily about how much they receive or how many people remember to say "happy birthday" to them. But my greatest hopes lie in LOVE. I just hope my friend was reminded of how much she is loved by those who are closest to her. And so I do try to do a lot--send her a card, email her, buy her a gift that I think will be meaningful. And in doing all of this, I hope she will realize that I care about her a lot. And I was glad because a lot of her friends at college took her out for dinner and celebrated with her there. When she told me that her birthday was great, it made me feel good to know that she felt the love. If it were something you could purchase, that's what I would get everyone I love for their birthdays--that they would feel the love.

Birthdays are for celebrating the day that a person was born, and that is a big deal. If Marian was never born, I would be missing out on her friendship...and so her birthday, and everyone's birthdays are really something to be celebrated. Let us not take people for granted, and remind each other of love at least every once and a while...
I hope that God gives me the strength to do at least this one task.

No comments: